That Girl Crochet

Ramblings from an avid crocheter, knitter, spinner, and major fiber junkie.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The FLU

Why did I get a Flu shot? I have no idea why. I got the worst flu that I have ever had. A day by day account of my adventure for your pleasure.


Christmas eve eve (as my kids call it) - scratchy throat, irritating cough, horrible nights sleep

Christmas Eve- no energy, annoying cough, popping cough drops like candy, energy is being sucked out of me quickly, sneezing alot and mild upset stomach.

Christmas- God gave me enough energy to open presents with my girls, I then laid on the couch and fell asleep, I had no strength to go to my parents. My body aches, my head feels like someone is carving it with a knife, acid is running down my nose cavities. I cant remember what feeling good feels like.

Day after Christmas- I want to sink into the ground, I cant function. It is all I can do to get up and go to the bathroom. I cant get out of bed. My head hurts so bad I think it might pop off my body. The body aches are overwhelming. my cough has left and that can only mean one thing, a secondary infection. I continually pray for God to help me make it and to spare my family. A very strong prescription pain medicine doesnt even dent the headache. Continued sweats and fever. I cant take it.


2nd day after Christmas- A deseperate call to the doctor at 7:58 am. thank God, they answer. I have an apponitment at 11:15. The cough is back and so is the stuff that is in my lungs. Not good. My breathing machine and I will be visiting with one another. The headache is so severe. I get a shot and an antibiotic. He says that my lungs are full and am wheezing. Husband and daughter now have the flu. I can ony hope that getting them medicine early will help them out. I lay on the couch and pop 2 different pain pills. Finally some relief. Body still hurts. I was actually able to sit up for a couple of hours.

3rd day after Christmas- Still feel like crap. Body aches still going strong, coughing up nasty stuff. Sitting up longer. Wondering how long this flu will last.


until next time......

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ugh sorry you have been sick. Hope you feel better and your fmaily does too.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home